Hyatt Zilara & Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Jamaica
The Hyatt Ziva & Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall project was a $93M deep renovation and extensive expansion of the former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall, which was previously widely considered one of Jamaica’s most upscale luxury resort properties.
Working in collaboration with the development team from Playa Hotels & Resorts, TLDI was able to accomplish this project in just 19 months (from the initial architectural concepts and preliminary permits contracted in April 2013 to the new hotel opening in December 2015).
Under a Construction Management Agent contract, TLDI oversaw all architecture, engineering, permitting, construction and procurement. Additionally, we addressed job site challenges up to and including the handover process.
The scope of works included:
- Renovation of the existing hotel buildings (54,880 m² / 427 guest rooms).
- A new 4-level commercial building with 4 restaurants, 3 bars, retail, back of the house, and 69 rooms.
- A new 5-level adults-only building with lobby, reception, bar, restaurant and 124 rooms.
- Three new luxury pools and swim-up pools for 75 rooms.
- New satellite buildings including water tank, gym, beach spa, beach restaurant and jerk’s grill.
- New hardscape and landscape for the entire property.
- A new man-made beach including the resort signature wedding gazebo on a small island.
- New central plant rooms and conversion of all electrical systems from 60Hz to Jamaica’s current power grid standard of 50Hz.