El Embajador, A Royal Hideaway Hotel, Santo Domingo
The El Embajador is a landmark hotel in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic that has reputation as the “go-to” place for high level dignitaries and celebrities. The property was also featured in the Godfather trilogy of movies.
TLDI was retained by Barcelo Hotels & Resorts to provide construction management of a $35M deep renovation – including a complete internal gutting and renovation of all guest room floors, as well as common spaces. TLDI successfully repositioned the property as the first Royal Hideaway property for Barcelo – all while the hotel remained approximately 50% occupied.
We successfully delivered the following improvements:
- Complete internal gutting and renovation
- Comprehensive renovation of 198 Hotel Rooms
- Addition of two club levels for elite / VIP guests
- Addition of a story to provide a Presidential Suite (now used regularly by heads of state)
- Full renovation of an existing restaurant
- Partial renovation of the existing lobby
- Conversion of the casino into 850 square meters of conference space and new staff office
- Addition of a new staging kitchen to service the conference rooms
- Repair of the parking lot including new asphalt and striping
- Landscaping improvements